Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Song play count looking and acting strange

I'm trying to get better at building and curating my playlists. I want to reset to zero the number of PLAYS for songs in Apple Music. Unfortunately, when I go into each song using GET INFO and doing a reset for PLAYS, something seems to be resetting the number back to the current count.

Could this be because I use Music Match and sync Music via iCloud across several devices?

I use an iPhone 11 Pro (v15.4.1), MackBook Pro (Monterey v12.3.1), and an iPad (v15.4.1).

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 9:06 AM

5 replies

Apr 12, 2022 9:33 AM in response to shorty1956

Yes. There seems to an issue affecting some users of Monterey at the moment where edits to the Music library don't get uploaded to the cloud, and the library later resets to the cloud version. You may find things work better immediately after rebooting your computer. It may also help to temporarily disable Home Sharing while Music is closed and then option-start-Music to explicitly choose your Music Library.musiclibrary database.

tt2

Apr 14, 2022 9:12 AM in response to shorty1956

Thank you very much. I turned off Home Sharing and then rebooted. That seemed to work for most songs; a few have shown up again with PLAY counts but I will go through the process again. I must admit that you lost me on the Music Library database part. Can you recommend where I can learn more about the Library database stuff? Specifically, I'm trying to set my wife and I up separately (we share an old iTunes account but have two different iCloud accounts)

Song play count looking and acting strange

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.