Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download forever (doesn't complete download)

I'm trying to download an album but it wouldn't stop "downloading" meaning, the songs are in my Recently Added folder but none of them would play, at the bottom of the screen it says, "downloading 14 songs" (now 29 songs) - download would not complete. I have Apple Music subscription.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 10:21 AM

Start with this if IntelMac...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 10:21 AM in response to fayelise

Start with this if IntelMac...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Download forever (doesn't complete download)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.