Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't past a URL into Apple Mail, that will work for the recipient

When I past a URL into my email editor, in Apple Mail, I get an underlined email address. When I send that email to myself, as a test, clicking on the same link I get gives "cannot connect to that url". However, if I past that link that I originally stored elsewhere, into the browser, it works. If I open Safari to the web page, then click on the "send" box and choose "Email this page", an email edit window comes up with the link showing. Then, if I send the email to myself, then click on the link that is on the email I received, the link works.

So, something odd is going on with the email system that causes an error when an email is pasted into the apple mail editor.

I'm on a Macbook Pro, OS 12.3.1

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 10:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 7:19 AM

This helps prevent spam/phishing. My email client allows me to disable embedded url links as a safety precaution. So be aware that not everyone you send an embedded link to will be able to click on it to go to the link.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 12, 2022 10:46 PM in response to Bill_LWD

I get many emails from companies I do business with that have the following advice, "If the link doesn't work, copy and paste into the address bar." Apparently this is a long standing issue that has yet to be solved.

Also apparently, it's not limited to Apple devices and is a low priority issue as I've been experiencing it for years.

When the link doesn't work, the guidance to copy and paste seems like a good solution ... at least for now.

Can't past a URL into Apple Mail, that will work for the recipient

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.