📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How stop AirTag from chirping?

Our dog has an AirTag on her collar that is connected to my wife's phone. My wife is out of town for a couple of days and now the AirTag is chirping intermittently (waking me up at night and confusing the dog). Is there a way to disable this feature? Or alternatively connect the AirTag to both of our phones to avoid this?

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 5:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 8:33 PM

Unfortunately, the chirp feature aids criminals, too. I was hoping to attach AirTags to items that might be stolen. But if they chirp, they give themselves away and allow the thief to disable them. So, they are useless for anti-theft applications.

11 replies

How stop AirTag from chirping?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.