Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delay when switching between desktops

I use Chrome in full screen, which creates a new desktop that I can shift between with 3 finger swipe. With my 2021 M1 MacBook Pro, there is a second delay before I can work on the next desktop. I do this so much that it's getting Very annoying, and often I'll start typing or working before the next desktop is activated which screws something up.

Some conditions:

• I've "reduced motion" which doesn't work
  • It didn't happen with my old computer (2015 macbook pro), so not a speed issue

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 8:36 AM

Aaronrelliott wrote:

• I use Chrome in full screen, which creates a new desktop that I can shift between with 3 finger swipe. With my 2021 M1 MacBook Pro, there is a second delay before I can work on the next desktop. I do this so much that it's getting Very annoying, and often I'll start typing or working before the next desktop is activated which screws something up.

Some conditions:
I've "reduced motion" which doesn't work
• It didn't happen with my old computer (2015 macbook pro), so not a speed issue

Verify your software is up to date—the current stable release of Monterey is macOS 12.3.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/get-macos-updates-mchlpx1065/mac

I would start there.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2022 8:36 AM in response to Aaronrelliott

Aaronrelliott wrote:

• I use Chrome in full screen, which creates a new desktop that I can shift between with 3 finger swipe. With my 2021 M1 MacBook Pro, there is a second delay before I can work on the next desktop. I do this so much that it's getting Very annoying, and often I'll start typing or working before the next desktop is activated which screws something up.

Some conditions:
I've "reduced motion" which doesn't work

Verify your software is up to date—the current stable release of Monterey is macOS 12.3.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/get-macos-updates-mchlpx1065/mac

I would start there.

Delay when switching between desktops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.