Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Motion - snap alignment to - bug?

Hey community.

im facing now a weird problem with the behavior “snap alignment to”

i have a basic circle shape. Nothing fancy.

and as a second object a star.

i use the motion path behavior with the snap alignment to behavior to make a simple animation. But instead of a smooth rotation of the star, it becomes now steps in the rotation. I’m not sure its a bug since the last motion update but I think it wasn’t like this before.

anyone out there with the same problem?

best regards

Marcel

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 7:11 PM

Hi Marcel

Glad to hear we found a solution. To bring this to the attention of the Motion team at apple we should file a bug report.

Feedback - Motion - Apple

Please can you submit a report. I will do this too. (If anyone else see this thread and can reproduce the jittery motion path _snap alignment issue - please submit a report too)

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 7:11 PM in response to Nihilo1983

Hi Marcel

Glad to hear we found a solution. To bring this to the attention of the Motion team at apple we should file a bug report.

Feedback - Motion - Apple

Please can you submit a report. I will do this too. (If anyone else see this thread and can reproduce the jittery motion path _snap alignment issue - please submit a report too)

Apr 13, 2022 6:56 PM in response to Nihilo1983

Hi Marcel

We can't put links in here, the moderator will remove it. Can you put the link in the youtube description section instead?

Anyway, I can see from the example the 'stepping' problem

I have set up a couple of basic motion path+snap alignment also, and I do see this problem too - and yes, i do not remember this happening recently. It is possibly a regression/bug from the last update.

Are you using 'geometry' as the motion path source? If so, change it to 'open spline' and create your path with that method instead. It seems to solve the problem for me. Also, in general - check the anchor points of the tree layer is correctly at the base.

Apr 13, 2022 7:08 PM in response to rowie302

Hey Rowie,

thank you so much for your help - indeed, the open spline helps so far and there are no steps so I assume there is a bug since the update yesterday.

This method works for me so far because I just need a bended path with subtle rotation on the z axis.

Hopefully it will be solved by apple soon.

Again, thank you so much. Very appreciate your help!

Best regards

Marcel

Apple Motion - snap alignment to - bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.