Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text notification on Apple Watch 7

Hi,

I have a iPhone 13 Max pro and just purchased an Apple Watch 7. I am unable to receive text notifications on my watch. I receive the text but i have to look on the message option on the watch to read. No sound from the text and no display on my home screen. I didn't have this issue with my Apple watch 3.

all OS are up to date, reset four times with no luck.

any idea or should I return or exchange the watch?

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 6:49 PM

I believe the initial message works like other noiqtificat ions. Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.  If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode. For more info, see:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 6:49 PM in response to jackaroo22

I believe the initial message works like other noiqtificat ions. Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.  If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode. For more info, see:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Text notification on Apple Watch 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.