You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID is not usable

I find it really annoying to use Face ID, for several reasons.

1. Face is too far away: for several reasons (presbyopia, arm length, head/lap distance, etc.) I find the most comfortable position for my iPad is just out of reach for Face ID. It‘s annoying having to perform the „jerk forward“ contortion everything Face ID is required.
  2. I usually use the iPad in landscape mode. The App stores proclivity to ask for Face ID with the double tap the lock button means my hand is always in front of the camera (because Apple in their infinite wisdom put the lock button right next to the camera, and thought it‘d be a good idea to ask users to double tap it…)
  3. iPads don‘t come with fingerprint readers anymore, so any app that requires biometric authentication (like password managers), make you do the jerk forward with your face dance in rapid succession.

Fix this mess FFS

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 9:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 9:57 PM

Pyalot Said:

"Face ID is not usable: I find it really annoying to use Face ID, for several reasons.[...]"

-------

Give Apple Some Feedback:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of your feedback. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback thy receive from its users, the more likely they will know what their customers prefer, and what to include in models to come. These are user-to-user forums. Apple barely reads these forums as it is on their own time. So, the only successful way to get the word out to them is through use of their feedback sites.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on what these issues are, and how they should be fixed. Include the URL of this post in your feedback submittal.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 13, 2022 9:57 PM in response to Pyalot

Pyalot Said:

"Face ID is not usable: I find it really annoying to use Face ID, for several reasons.[...]"

-------

Give Apple Some Feedback:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of your feedback. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback thy receive from its users, the more likely they will know what their customers prefer, and what to include in models to come. These are user-to-user forums. Apple barely reads these forums as it is on their own time. So, the only successful way to get the word out to them is through use of their feedback sites.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on what these issues are, and how they should be fixed. Include the URL of this post in your feedback submittal.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Face ID is not usable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.