Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airbnb posted pictures

i have updates for pictures to post on Airbnb. When I click on upload, it takes me to pictures and I have to look through all my picture library for the past 2 years. Is there a way to get to my photos albums?

kitty

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 3:40 PM

Photos will open the last library opened. So if you manually change the library to be opened it will be the default library the next time the Photos app is launched.

Also the library to be used to upload pictures must be designated the System Photo Library in Photos' General preference pane:

You should be able to see the albums like in this screenshot:

If you're not able to see the albums give this a try:

1 - As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread. Then launch your original library and see if the problem persists.

If it does boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2022 3:40 PM in response to Schadylady2

Photos will open the last library opened. So if you manually change the library to be opened it will be the default library the next time the Photos app is launched.

Also the library to be used to upload pictures must be designated the System Photo Library in Photos' General preference pane:

You should be able to see the albums like in this screenshot:

If you're not able to see the albums give this a try:

1 - As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread. Then launch your original library and see if the problem persists.

If it does boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Apr 14, 2022 8:43 AM in response to TonyCollinet

When I go to upload pictures to Airbnb, I click on photos but it doesn't show the albums. I have almost all my pictures in albums. It is a lot of work to go through the photos or pictures folders. Is there a setting that stops photos from displaying the albums? What settings are needed for my photos library to list the albums for uploading?

If I'm not trying to upload photos, the albums are displayed when I click on photos.

Apr 14, 2022 8:54 AM in response to Schadylady2

Hi

Are you seeing the same as my screenshot, with photos selected in the sidebar under Media? But just no albums showing? Do you see the grey bar with the dot in the middle of it, above the thumbnails?

Can you drag that down to make space for the albums, and then open the albums with the little right pointing arrow next to "albums" as shown above?

Apr 14, 2022 9:40 AM in response to TonyCollinet

I'm seeing the photos icon under media but no albums even though there is room for them. There's only one list on the left side. Not 2 lists like you're showing. There's a carot next to media and if I click on it, the word photos below it disappears. I have spent hours dragging stuff to the desktop and that doesn't always work to post. I also took screenshots of the photo album which just shows every and anything.

This is so frustrating. I don't remember having this problem before. That's why I think I have messed up a setting.

Kitty

Airbnb posted pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.