Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing VHS Video with Canopus ADVC-110

Worked fine till the yesterdays update - now FCP doesn't recocgnize the device anymore.

It's Firewire to Thunderbolt 1 to Thunderbolt 3 cables connection into a Mac Pro 2020.

• stopped also working with Quicktime and imovie
  • Canopus Blue Lights are working
  • the logiprocamera mounted on the XDR Pro Display is working fine as before.

Is there eventually another device for capturing VHS-Video recommended?

Thanks a lot for your help (I transform hundreds of videos for drummerworld.com)

Bernhard

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 2:19 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Apr 24, 2022 12:32 PM in response to Bernhard Castiglioni

I did the latest Monterey update (12.3.1) on Sunday April 24th, 2022. I am also having difficulty with the Canopus ADVC110 capturing device. My MacBook Pro will not recognize it at all now. I just did captures/imports the day before and all was good. I hate to think that I have to invest in another type of capturing device just to satisfy Apple's updates. ridiculous. Ironically after I did the update, 2 warnings popped up mentioning that Third Party devices will not work because an extension was installed. They are BlackMagic and some Powersoft Aggregate devices. My BlackMagic Ultra Studio Mini Recorder is still working - fingers crossed. Haven't researched the others yet. I've already filled out the form, so I'm hoping that there is a fix to this.

Importing VHS Video with Canopus ADVC-110

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.