Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Firewire working with Monterey 12.6?

Hello,

I'm converting some old VHS tapes to digital. Being a Mac user is not a very welcoming experience when you reach to the analog to digital community 😆 but I think I managed to find a setup to capture good quality analog video with a Mac.

So, back to the main question: Is firewire working with the latest Monterey 12.6? (through an adapter, I'm using a MacBook Pro M1) I've seen some people complaining that it wasn't working with Monterey 12.3, but that it was fixed in 12.4.

I'm waiting for a Canopus AVDC-110 and my setup will be:

VHS player (composite out) > ADVC-110 > Firewire to "Firewire to Thunderbolt 3 adapter" > "Thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 (usb-c) adapter" > Mac.

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 10:34 AM

Hey ant_amaral,

We'd be happy to help out. Firewire should work regardless of the particular version of Monterey you have installed, but if it's not working on 12.3, the first thing you'd want to do is get fully updated to 12.6 since we release most of our fixes in the form of software updates.

As for the adapters you've mentioned, those should absolutely work and we sell them on our site here if you don't already have them:

Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter - Apple

Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter - Apple

We hope this information helps out.

Take care!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2022 10:34 AM in response to ant_amaral

Hey ant_amaral,

We'd be happy to help out. Firewire should work regardless of the particular version of Monterey you have installed, but if it's not working on 12.3, the first thing you'd want to do is get fully updated to 12.6 since we release most of our fixes in the form of software updates.

As for the adapters you've mentioned, those should absolutely work and we sell them on our site here if you don't already have them:

Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter - Apple

Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter - Apple

We hope this information helps out.

Take care!

Is Firewire working with Monterey 12.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.