Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule Backups Not Working With New Mesh Router

I recently installed a Vilo mesh router for my network. Since then my automatic backups for my Mac on my Time Capsule don't work. How can I solve this problem?

MacBook, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 3:54 AM

5 replies

Apr 14, 2022 11:01 AM in response to Tesserax

Hi Tesserax:

Thanks for your reply. Until now I have backed up my Mac to the TC automatically every night. It is wireless using my home network. Recently I installed a Vilo mesh network, connected through my Comcast modem/router. So IO now have two networks but I much prefer the Vilo mesh network because the signal is much stronger. My question is how do I connect my TC to the Vilo mesh network? Thanks for your help.

Apr 14, 2022 6:06 PM in response to bjgiff7

Sorry, but I'm not at all familiar with Vilo mesh. However, the basic setup to continue to use your TC would require that it gets directly connected to Comcast router. (or if the Vilo system replaced this router, to connect it to the Vilo's "main" module.) In turn the TC would also need to be reconfigured so that it is in bridge mode and have its wireless radios disabled ... as the latter will no longer be required. Both of these settings would be done using the AirPort Utility.

In this configuration, your Mac(s) would connect to the Vilo Wi-Fi network, but since the TC will be connected by Ethernet, it will be on the same local subnet. You should also no longer have two wireless networks with the TC's radios disabled.

Time Capsule Backups Not Working With New Mesh Router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.