Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio output not working through HDMI with Logic Pro

My new M1 MacBook Pro 16" running Monterey 12.3.1 is connected via HDMI as Audio Device

I use the HDMI as Audio Device (This worked on all my older Intel MacBook Pro's) including Monterey 12.2.1 on the M1. But since updated to 12.3.1 no longer works. I got with Logic sample rate errors or just no sound.

And i need to work with 44.1Khz

Has anyone a similar experinece with that?. From my point of view Perhaps it goes to the same direction like the Sound Crackling from AppleTV and the distortion problems from internal Speakers. beacuse might have to do a similar thing with with the sample rate in 12.2.1. And on the Audio Midi config: The main HDMI out can not modified because 44.1 is greyed out.

Reboot etc. does not helps.

On my side i have no more ideas why is this in 12.3.1 and on intel macs there is no such problem at all, there is running fine.

Logic Pro: 10.7.3

M1 MaxPro 16" 12.3.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 5:35 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 23, 2022 10:43 AM in response to skynet3020

I am not having this exact problem, but I am having HDMI-attendant issues since my last Monterey upgrade. I have an older (2014) Mac Mini, that I use as an input to my AVR receiver. For the last 7y, it has worked perfectly. However, as of this last upgrade, my audio channels are messed up. The centre channel is coming out of my left rear surround speaker, for example.

Audio output not working through HDMI with Logic Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.