Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setup Terminal with password ID

how can i set up my terminal with a password and what command should I use.

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 7:07 AM

zenaidalorenzo wrote:

What exactly is the end game here...Maybe you can say more?

Is this on your personal machine or related to Enterprise managed business machine?

ref:

Enter a password in the Terminal window on Mac - Apple Support

Enter administrator commands in Terminal on Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 7:07 AM in response to zenaidalorenzo

zenaidalorenzo wrote:

What exactly is the end game here...Maybe you can say more?

Is this on your personal machine or related to Enterprise managed business machine?

ref:

Enter a password in the Terminal window on Mac - Apple Support

Enter administrator commands in Terminal on Mac - Apple Support

Apr 15, 2022 1:25 PM in response to zenaidalorenzo

zenaidalorenzo wrote:

I saw my boyfriend browsing my laptop when I came out of the shower. I like my privacy. I don't know what he was doing when I was in the shower. How do I know if he did something to my laptop? Is there anywhere I can go to look like System Preferences, Finds where he was and what he did. I don't want him hacking all my activities and watching me. Any tips you can suggest to me so I can do something to prevent it from happening again?

Thank you, Zee

When you walk away from your Mac.. Control Command Q will lock the screen and will require your admin psswd to enter.

If you do not have your Mac locked with a psswd— do not do auto log in..make a change:

>System Preferences>Users& Groups>Login Items> auto log in> OFF

If your intruder has your psswd, change it .

Change or reset the password of a macOS user account in ...

If you think Terminal.app was messed with; use this Terminal command copy and paste:

history

this will show by default the last 500 commands entered...

Apr 15, 2022 1:05 PM in response to leroydouglas

I saw my boyfriend browsing my laptop when I came out of the shower. I like my privacy. I don't know what he was doing when I was in the shower. How do I know if he did something to my laptop? Is there anywhere I can go to look like System Preferences, Finds where he was and what he did. I don't want him hacking all my activities and watching me. Any tips you can suggest to me so I can do something to prevent it from happening again?

Thank you, Zee

Setup Terminal with password ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.