Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't enter password into terminal

I can't seem to enter my password into terminal. I've entered and tried to type my password even if it doesn't appear, and it doesn't work and it appears wrong and empty.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 2:50 PM

ajaxcharles wrote:

I can't seem to enter my password into terminal. I've entered and tried to type my password even if it doesn't appear, and it doesn't work and it appears wrong and empty.

When prompted your psswd will never echo on screen in Terminal, type it in anyway use the enter\return key to proceed

psswd are case sensitive, verify you caps lock is not on.

Verify you are using a admin psswd—this would be your user account unless you set up and logged into standard.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 2:50 PM in response to ajaxcharles

ajaxcharles wrote:

When prompted your psswd will never echo on screen in Terminal, type it in anyway use the enter\return key to proceed

psswd are case sensitive, verify you caps lock is not on.

Verify you are using a admin psswd—this would be your user account unless you set up and logged into standard.

Can't enter password into terminal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.