Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No original sound bar remote

I know I can program my Apple TV 4K remote to my Sony sound bar, but I do not have the original sound bar remote. Is there a workaround for this?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 1:50 PM

In most cases, soundbars connect to the TV or ATV4K via HDMI, so their volume can/should be controlled using HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control). So in the optimal setup, you shouldn't need your Soundbar remote (at least not day-to-day :-). Your TV and Soundbar both need to have their HDMI CEC menu settings enabled, while the ATV4K needs Settings > Remotes and Devices > Control TVs and Receivers = On. Here's Apple's recommended reading: If you can't control your TV or receiver with your Apple TV Remote - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 1:50 PM in response to hendrix-esq

In most cases, soundbars connect to the TV or ATV4K via HDMI, so their volume can/should be controlled using HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control). So in the optimal setup, you shouldn't need your Soundbar remote (at least not day-to-day :-). Your TV and Soundbar both need to have their HDMI CEC menu settings enabled, while the ATV4K needs Settings > Remotes and Devices > Control TVs and Receivers = On. Here's Apple's recommended reading: If you can't control your TV or receiver with your Apple TV Remote - Apple Support.

No original sound bar remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.