Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro M1 Max not charging battery in Monterey 12.3.1

Hi, Guys. After installing Monterey 12.3.1, I noticed that the laptop doesn't charge the battery when the level is over 80% (or around this number). The light in the connector is always orange and the laptop keeps consuming the battery. I have to unplug it, wait for the battery level to go down to the 70s%, and plug it again to get it to charge. Sometimes, it begins to charge but it stop when it gets to 94% or 95%.

Is there something broken or is it some kind of battery protection implemented in this new version of Monterey?

MacBook Pro 16" with M1 Max

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 1:17 AM

4 replies

Apr 15, 2022 7:21 AM in response to macrojd

macrojd wrote:

Hi, Guys. After installing Monterey 12.3.1, I noticed that the laptop doesn't charge the battery when the level is over 80% (or around this number). The light in the connector is always orange and the laptop keeps consuming the battery. I have to unplug it, wait for the battery level to go down to the 70s%, and plug it again to get it to charge. Sometimes, it begins to charge but it stop when it gets to 94% or 95%.

Is there something broken or is it some kind of battery protection implemented in this new version of Monterey?

MacBook Pro 16" with M1 Max

The rule of thumb is—

if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability then run on battery only—

ref. Optimized Battery Charging:

see: https://support.apple.com/guide/macbook-pro/charge-the-battery-apdbc13fd966/mac

MacBook Pro M1 Max not charging battery in Monterey 12.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.