Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update macOS Catalina Security Update 2022-002 10.15.7 install hangs - any solutions?

Has anybody found out how to stop the recent Catalina Security Update from crashing on Late-2012 Mac Mini. It bricks the whole computer.

I have upgraded to 16 gigs of ram and a 1 TB SSD a couple of years ago and the machine WAS a rocket.

I even went through the ardious process of downgrading to old copies of 10.10 and then 10.12 and then 10.14 to see if I could be satisfied with them. The problem is Adobe didn't work, then on10.14, Photos does not work.

So, again, I updated to Catalina and all was good until the security update ran. I tried to stop auto updates and the bloody option is grayed out. Last night it updated itself and died. Can you say FRUSTRATED.....

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 11:08 AM

Hi,

Mac RAM can be very picky. Even though it has been working, it's possible it's not compatible with the newest update. If I was at a dead end, I would put the old RAM back in and see if that resolves the issue. If you don't have the old RAM, I'd consider buying new, guaranteed compatible RAM.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 11:08 AM in response to hottubmac

Hi,

Mac RAM can be very picky. Even though it has been working, it's possible it's not compatible with the newest update. If I was at a dead end, I would put the old RAM back in and see if that resolves the issue. If you don't have the old RAM, I'd consider buying new, guaranteed compatible RAM.

Update macOS Catalina Security Update 2022-002 10.15.7 install hangs - any solutions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.