Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my Iphone

I lost an iPhone and put it into Lost mode and then removed it from my Apple ID. Some days later, I noticed it was back on my devices list in 'Find My iPhone'. I did some reading and saw that if that happens after removal from Apple ID, that means that the device had iCloud activation lock activated. Is that how it works if your device reappears on your list of devices after removal?

iPhone SE

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 7:58 AM

HandymanPro wrote:

I lost an iPhone and put it into Lost mode and then removed it from my Apple ID. Some days later, I noticed it was back on my devices list in 'Find My iPhone'.

That's how it is designed to work.

Remove a device from the Devices list

If you’re not using a device, you can temporarily remove it from your account so it doesn’t show up in your Devices list. When the device goes online again, it reappears in the list if it has Activation Lock turned on (for an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or Apple Watch) or is paired with your iOS or iPadOS device (for AirPods or a Beats product).

Ref: Remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 7:58 AM in response to HandymanPro

HandymanPro wrote:

I lost an iPhone and put it into Lost mode and then removed it from my Apple ID. Some days later, I noticed it was back on my devices list in 'Find My iPhone'.

That's how it is designed to work.

Remove a device from the Devices list

If you’re not using a device, you can temporarily remove it from your account so it doesn’t show up in your Devices list. When the device goes online again, it reappears in the list if it has Activation Lock turned on (for an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or Apple Watch) or is paired with your iOS or iPadOS device (for AirPods or a Beats product).

Ref: Remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Find my Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.