📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound on Hulu

My iPad Air 2 has no sound on my Hulu app all other streaming apps have sound, how can I fix this?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 12:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 10:47 AM

Just like a month ago, last night I lost audio again. I checked Hulu on all my devices. I had no audio with Hulu on all my devices, AGAIN. It has nothing to do with my Internet because all other streaming services work fine. It's just Hulu. If this continues to occur, I expect they are going OUT OF BUSINESS SOON.

26 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2022 10:47 AM in response to technonot2

Just like a month ago, last night I lost audio again. I checked Hulu on all my devices. I had no audio with Hulu on all my devices, AGAIN. It has nothing to do with my Internet because all other streaming services work fine. It's just Hulu. If this continues to occur, I expect they are going OUT OF BUSINESS SOON.

Apr 18, 2022 7:39 AM in response to Grace2211

Re; no sound on Hulu…

All of the actions suggested on many forums have been tried though none of these solutions have fixed the audio problem. I suggest that the problem is with Apple‘s new update since the problem occurred immediately after updating the iPad and many forum posts are all within the last month.

any suggestions or comments would be great.

Thanks

Apr 17, 2022 10:17 AM in response to Hankanon

Welcome Hankanon,

It appears that you're not able to hear any sound when using the Hulu app on your iPad Air. Be sure to check the volume control found in the lower corner of the video you’re watching to make sure that it isn't muted or that the volume isn't set too low.

If the volume control is set properly, we suggest completing the following steps, since the issue only occurs with this app: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

For further assistance, you can reach out to Hulu using this link: Hulu - Help Center

Have a wonderful day!

Apr 18, 2022 10:04 AM in response to TheReader1

Could have been the program I was watching. Reset app removed program then reinstalled program again and got the same results. Then I remove the program reset the iPad and started a different program and was awarded with sound. Haven’t restarted the old program but I will do more research.

theory; Programs in the queue playing before the upgrade might have caused the glitch.

Apr 19, 2022 7:00 AM in response to Hankanon

I’m having the same issue. It started the evening of 4/17, I don’t know when the iPad software may have updated. It began with no sound on one show, and now through various stages of removing the app, removing the device from the Hulu account and resetting the iPad, I have no sound on any shows and mostly get p-dev320 errors when trying to play anything.

interesting workaround, if I Airplay or Chromecast the show to another device, then bring it back to the iPad I get sound for that show. I have not been able to start another show to play after that, I get the p-dev320 error.

Using an iPad mini 4 on iPad OS 15.4.1

Apr 19, 2022 8:46 AM in response to Schulze90

I just spent a significant amount of time with Hulu running through debugging scenarios that will be provided to the tech team. One thing that worked in the meantime was to use a non-Safari browser to access the Hulu website and stream shows that way until the issue is fixed. I used DuckDuckGo and it worked. It may work with one of the others out there.

if you use Safari it just prompts you to download the app. Don’t know who’s doing that is, just annoying.

May 30, 2022 5:04 PM in response to Hankanon

I don't think this issue is tied to the recent Apple update, as many people have suggested. I DO think it's tied to the date, because it seems everyone began having this problem in late April - me as well. I have a really old iPad (10-15 years old, don't even know the model), and all of a sudden, about 3-4 weeks ago, this began happening only on Hulu, and only on the speakers. If I plug in earbuds, I do have sound on Hulu. But, also about 3-4 weeks ago I began to have trouble playing shows at all on Hulu; I'd just get an error message. I looked online and per people's suggestions I: turned the iPad on and off, updated all my apps, and updated my OS. Now I can play shows, but I still have no sound - except if I use earbuds. All the other streaming services work just fine on my iPad. I just yesterday tried to play Hulu on my iPhone - same exact issue. Hulu works fine on both my LG TVs.

Jun 4, 2022 3:49 PM in response to Drosewilkins

I have had this issue for about 3-4 weeks, yes, I rebooted everything uninstalled, in stalled, delegated, one time I was on with a very intelligent woman at Hulu we literally tried 8 different ways to get this app to work, and….. it worked the one time 2 minutes later it wouldn’t play sound any longer. But I know for sure it’s on Hulus end.

Another call to Hulu stated that the problem was being experienced and is a valid problem on Hulu’s end, and not our ipad4. not just 100’s of people but 1,000 of people have been experiencing this travesty!!!!!😫 I get Hulu complete with sound on my iPhone, that’s the only thing keeping me from losing my marbles entirely, and I have faith 🙋🏼‍♀️Hallelujah! that the problem will be resolved soon, besides Hulu has great🥸engineer's working on the problem. I just need a bit more patience.🙏.

Jun 5, 2022 8:07 AM in response to Kimhaas007

I spent a good hour with Hulu yesterday and we did the same thing. Uninstalled, rebooted, etc etc. One time I could get video and no sound. Then I couldn't even get video. Hulu knows it is an issue, so they are working on it. I did find that if you go to Hulu.com and sign in that way, you can get it. The crazy thing is that when I can get the video, I can cast it to my TV with Chromcast and get the video and sound. Just not on the iPad. I'll give them a little time but no use paying for it when it doesn't work. There are many streaming services and I don't want to waste my money on those that aren't up to par.

No sound on Hulu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.