Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages Not Receiving GIFs

I have read that others are having the same issue - iPhone (12) can’t receive images (specifically the GIFs associated with the Images drawer in Messages).

I have tried turning off Messages and restarting it after rebooting but this does not seem to help. Software updated etc.

Messages freezes a lot and so for the settings application.

Has anyone found another or different solution?

I should mention that I can send images, but I can’t receive them.

I can also receive pictures. Problem seems limited to Images drawer.

Thanks for your help.

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 4:46 PM

I have the same problem on an iPhone XR, after the latest update. I can send gifs, but cannot receive them. Sometimes I am notified there is a gif that I just can’t see, other times nothing comes through at all. This is happening from iPhone users, not specifically only android. I’ve tried several resets and it is still not fixed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 4:46 PM in response to SravanKrA

I have the same problem on an iPhone XR, after the latest update. I can send gifs, but cannot receive them. Sometimes I am notified there is a gif that I just can’t see, other times nothing comes through at all. This is happening from iPhone users, not specifically only android. I’ve tried several resets and it is still not fixed.

iMessages Not Receiving GIFs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.