Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iphone show as new device during login to other websites?

When I sign in to my online accounts using my iPhone SE (1st gen), I get an email message telling me that I am using a “new device”. An example is logging in to my Google account causes me to receive an email warning me that “Your Google Account was just signed in to from a new Apple iPhone device”.

The same happens when I sign in to Instagram and Twitter.

I have used the same iPhone for over 3 years, and can’t understand why it shows as a new device when it is the same one that I have used for so long.

As a result of this issue I currently cannot access my Google account as it displays the message “Google couldn’t verify this account belongs to you” when I try to login.

My ISP is Sky broadband in the UK and I am using iOS 15.4.1.

Please can someone help me to fix this problem to allow me to recover access to my accounts.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 3:14 PM

Hello SnickZ,

Having also posted this message on the forum for Sky, it turns out that the issue was caused by the fact the my settings for Safari browser cleared my history and cookies. This meant that it looked like I was signing in on a new device every time that I logged into one of my accounts.

As it turns out, the emails about new logins are generated as part of my security settings for my accounts on Google, Instagram & Twitter, when they detect a sign in attempt from a device that hasn’t logged in before.

The fact that my browsing history & cookies were being cleared in Safari made it look like I was using a new device to access my account each time.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2022 3:14 PM in response to SnickZ.

Hello SnickZ,

Having also posted this message on the forum for Sky, it turns out that the issue was caused by the fact the my settings for Safari browser cleared my history and cookies. This meant that it looked like I was signing in on a new device every time that I logged into one of my accounts.

As it turns out, the emails about new logins are generated as part of my security settings for my accounts on Google, Instagram & Twitter, when they detect a sign in attempt from a device that hasn’t logged in before.

The fact that my browsing history & cookies were being cleared in Safari made it look like I was using a new device to access my account each time.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Apr 19, 2022 12:10 PM in response to StewartB85

Hello StewartB85,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see you have some questions about using Google with your iPhone, and we'd like to help. This sounds like it could be phishing. Please take a look at the following article, and let us know if this is what you're seeing: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

Regards.

Why does my iphone show as new device during login to other websites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.