Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Google account is showing as unnamed account?

Hello,

I recently moved from Android back to Apple and I noticed when I set up my iPad Pro yesterday and logged into my account it shows up my iPhone and iPad ad unknown devices and all my Google software as in Google Search, Google Chrome and a Google Mail my account is logged in it’s fine that isn’t the problem l. The problem I have when I select my name it says unnamed account and I am absolutely flabbergasted to why this is happening.

the one thing that gets me is how the heck can my devices that I using Google on as I did with my Android devices show up in my account as unknown devices and yet I have set up a 2 step verification in my account linked to three devices. I am absolutely stuck and I don’t know how to resolve this. I can access my account that isn’t a problem it’s fine but my account shows as unnamed account and why my devices which are linked to my account is showing up as unknown devices that is bugging me as I don’t understand why…

Unless my account thinks my accounts are still linked to my old android devices… that is a possibility but I think very unlikely as I logged out of my own devices. But another possibility is when I have to acknowledge via the 2SV who I am Google still had my old tablet as my confirmation and this could also be causing this.

AAny ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 5:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 2:49 AM

RESOLVED…

I eventually found the cause of the problem and it wasn’t me that the was the cause it was Google. When I reset my old tablet which I gave to my Stepfather I reset it back to factory settings. You cannot reset your device unless you acknowledge a Samsung with your account to reset the tablet back to factory settings. But what Google should also do in my professional opinion is to log you out of the account that is associated with this device and it doesn’t. So When I logged into my account I seen that my account was still logged in so I logged out and it still wouldn’t synchronise my account on my new devices so after nearly an hour of head scratching I thought…

What if I change I say that I don’t recognise my old tablet and change my password and would you know it that was the cause of the problem which was ridiculous because it drove me inane that I couldn’t resolve this and I eventually sorted the problem and the cause wasn’t my fault it was Google because when I acknowledged that I was the owner of the previous tablet Google should have logged me out of my account and it didn’t I passed security that only I could have known I entered the code to reset the tablet it should have acknowledged my credentials as legit but it went into paranoid mode and caused me a head of troubles for 2 days. Well it’s sorted so the moral of this problem.

If you are seeing Unnamed Account on Google Chrome, Google Search, Google Maps, Google Mail, you are successfully logged in but your account is not synchronising then just change your password it resolves the problem. But ironically YouTube was fine but everything else just wouldn’t synchronise.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2021 2:49 AM in response to Hefêydd

RESOLVED…

I eventually found the cause of the problem and it wasn’t me that the was the cause it was Google. When I reset my old tablet which I gave to my Stepfather I reset it back to factory settings. You cannot reset your device unless you acknowledge a Samsung with your account to reset the tablet back to factory settings. But what Google should also do in my professional opinion is to log you out of the account that is associated with this device and it doesn’t. So When I logged into my account I seen that my account was still logged in so I logged out and it still wouldn’t synchronise my account on my new devices so after nearly an hour of head scratching I thought…

What if I change I say that I don’t recognise my old tablet and change my password and would you know it that was the cause of the problem which was ridiculous because it drove me inane that I couldn’t resolve this and I eventually sorted the problem and the cause wasn’t my fault it was Google because when I acknowledged that I was the owner of the previous tablet Google should have logged me out of my account and it didn’t I passed security that only I could have known I entered the code to reset the tablet it should have acknowledged my credentials as legit but it went into paranoid mode and caused me a head of troubles for 2 days. Well it’s sorted so the moral of this problem.

If you are seeing Unnamed Account on Google Chrome, Google Search, Google Maps, Google Mail, you are successfully logged in but your account is not synchronising then just change your password it resolves the problem. But ironically YouTube was fine but everything else just wouldn’t synchronise.

My Google account is showing as unnamed account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.