Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur recurring Sleep Wake Failure

Recently my iMac has begun experiencing Sleep Wake failures forcing me to manually shut it down (by holding the power button) and boot it back up. It doesn't happen every single time the computer is put to sleep, more like once a day every other day, typically after being left asleep for at least a few hours. Rather inconsistent. The computer recognizes that something went wrong, because I get an error log like this shortly after rebooting:

I've tried resetting the SMC multiple times, but it hasn't resolved the issue. An EtreCheck scan doesn't show any problems that would point to an obvious culprit, but I'll include the report anyway for completeness:

This isn't a crippling issue, but obviously the computer shouldn't be doing this and it gets to be annoying. I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to troubleshoot (preferably anything less drastic than trying to reinstall the whole OS on my poor internet) or if this is simply a bug with the OS that I just have to wait and hope Apple eventually fixes in future updates. I'm running the latest version of Big Sur as of the time of this post (11.6.5)

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 2:26 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Big Sur recurring Sleep Wake Failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.