Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting my HP LaserJet Pro MFP M31w printer to my MacBook Pro Monterey

My printer which is an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M31w, doesn't work under macOS Monterey. Can you put a new driver on the site? Or can you please help to connect them?

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 7:11 PM

Hi,

The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M31w is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model with support for the driverless AirPrint technology. It means that it should be possible to use this model without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the MacBook Pro are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). An AirPrint-enabled printer is compatible with macOS (Monterey).

If necessary, you may want to try resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer (using AirPrint).

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2022 7:11 PM in response to Abarall

Hi,

The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M31w is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model with support for the driverless AirPrint technology. It means that it should be possible to use this model without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the MacBook Pro are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). An AirPrint-enabled printer is compatible with macOS (Monterey).

If necessary, you may want to try resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer (using AirPrint).

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Connecting my HP LaserJet Pro MFP M31w printer to my MacBook Pro Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.