Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I merge my apple ids? I no longer use one of them and would like to delete the id associated with my current laptop but I don't want to lose the data.

How can I merge my apple ids? I no longer use one of them and would like to delete the id associated with my current laptop but I don't want to lose the data.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 6:44 AM

You can't merge Apple IDs. If you delete the ID, you will lose some data and all purchases associated with the ID. You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.   *

ASC YouTube for Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up.  *

If you delete the ID, you will lose some data and all purchases associated with the ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2022 6:44 AM in response to talitha13

You can't merge Apple IDs. If you delete the ID, you will lose some data and all purchases associated with the ID. You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.   *

ASC YouTube for Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up.  *

If you delete the ID, you will lose some data and all purchases associated with the ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.