Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad lighting USB adapter

I just bought a iPad 9th generation and I need an lighting USB adapter. If I buy md826 ama would it work if I plug my iPhone to the iPad. To see pictures or videos. Or flash drive lol

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 11:11 AM

Well, I did answer your question in confirming that you can connect (i.e., is compatible with) your iPad9 - and with it connect USB storage and other devices to the iPad.

Many native iPad Apps require that you first transfer photos and files to your iPad for viewing, but some third-party Apps van view files directly from connected storage devices. Faster storage devices will obviously work better than those that are slower - both in reading from and writing files to the attached storage.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 11:11 AM in response to Sirrobert18

Well, I did answer your question in confirming that you can connect (i.e., is compatible with) your iPad9 - and with it connect USB storage and other devices to the iPad.

Many native iPad Apps require that you first transfer photos and files to your iPad for viewing, but some third-party Apps van view files directly from connected storage devices. Faster storage devices will obviously work better than those that are slower - both in reading from and writing files to the attached storage.

Apr 20, 2022 9:51 AM in response to Sirrobert18

Presumably you refer to this Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter?

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MK0W2ZM/A

Using this adapter, you can connect USB Storage devices to either your iPad9 or your iPhone. You can also connect some other USB devices, such as a camera, wired keyboard or mouse.

If used to interconnect your i{ad and iPhone, you’ll not be able to directly access or transfer data or files between devices - except when performing a full data transfer when initially setting-up a new device. The wired interconnect can also be used to share the iPhone hotspot, with the iPad, over a wired USB connection.

iPad lighting USB adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.