Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you backup MacBook Pro on iCloud? full MacBook backup

How do you backup MacBook Pro on iCloud? I don't have external drive for time machine. My iCloud drive in finder shows my documents but does that mean it is backed up? In iCloud in system preferences manage it says there has been no backup lately. I bought storage for iCloud.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 2:43 PM

You cannot backup a Mac to iCloud. You'll need an external drive to backup using TimeMachine or similar program.

If turned on your documents, photos, and selected other items may sync with iCloud. iCloud is not an offline backup but primarily a synchronization service to keep your devices synced.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 2:43 PM in response to etopolinski

You cannot backup a Mac to iCloud. You'll need an external drive to backup using TimeMachine or similar program.

If turned on your documents, photos, and selected other items may sync with iCloud. iCloud is not an offline backup but primarily a synchronization service to keep your devices synced.

How do you backup MacBook Pro on iCloud? full MacBook backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.