Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete photos and the content in it?

I'm trying to sort out my photos on my Mac using the photos app. I have all my photos in their corresponding albums however when I try to remove an album completely I don't see an option to remove all its content as well. it says that the "The items in this album will still be visible in your photo library and other albums that contain them."

I would like to remove the entire album with its content completely. Is there a way to do that?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 11:12 PM

You first have to delete the photos in the album (Note this will remove them completely from the library - and from iCloud and linked devices if you use iCloud - they will be lost forever unless you have them backed up elsewhere - is this what you want?)

In the album, select all images (CMD-a) then hold down the CMD key and from the image menu select Delete. You can then remove the album.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 11:12 PM in response to Aryan_m92

You first have to delete the photos in the album (Note this will remove them completely from the library - and from iCloud and linked devices if you use iCloud - they will be lost forever unless you have them backed up elsewhere - is this what you want?)

In the album, select all images (CMD-a) then hold down the CMD key and from the image menu select Delete. You can then remove the album.

How to delete photos and the content in it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.