Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV app will not open

Downloaded app, on iPad it’s compatible with, but every attempt to open it leads to a blank screen titled ‘Downloaded’, saying alive not downloaded anything. Can’t get to any other ‘page’ eg settings, can’t open a subscription as it leads to same blank page. Help!

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 3:49 AM

What is your model iPad? Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

What is its version system software (iOS/iPadOS)? Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

The Apple TV app will want to load content from online sources, so the iPad must have internet connectivity (e.g. Wi-Fi). The app will behave differently when offline. Also, for iPads with cellular options, the Apple TV app must have its settings to allow for using cellular data (when not on Wi-Fi); configurable per app, and (I think) that setting might be off by default.

• Settings﹥Cellular﹥[scroll down to apps list]﹥TV﹥

The modern Apple TV app is available with iOS/iPadOS 12.3 or later. It is downloadable for iOS/iPadOS 10.2 or later.

Apple Media Services (and thus Apple TV app features) are not available in all countries: Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support. In some countries it is just for synced videos as transferred from a local computer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2022 3:49 AM in response to Cail8n

What is your model iPad? Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

What is its version system software (iOS/iPadOS)? Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

The Apple TV app will want to load content from online sources, so the iPad must have internet connectivity (e.g. Wi-Fi). The app will behave differently when offline. Also, for iPads with cellular options, the Apple TV app must have its settings to allow for using cellular data (when not on Wi-Fi); configurable per app, and (I think) that setting might be off by default.

• Settings﹥Cellular﹥[scroll down to apps list]﹥TV﹥

The modern Apple TV app is available with iOS/iPadOS 12.3 or later. It is downloadable for iOS/iPadOS 10.2 or later.

Apple Media Services (and thus Apple TV app features) are not available in all countries: Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support. In some countries it is just for synced videos as transferred from a local computer.

Apr 22, 2022 4:01 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Hi! Thank you SO much for responding. I’m mortified to tell you that after yet more hours spent fooling around trying to gain access, I hit on the notion to check ‘mobile data’ in my settings, it bring one setting Id not looked previously.

Sure enough, it was ‘off’ for the AppleTV app. Once on, everything resolved itself. It’s taken me weeks to suss this out, and it was mere chance I got there in the end. Thanks again :-)

AppleTV app will not open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.