Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any version of Pages support A5 borderless print size?

I've got Pages version 11.1. While it has lots of borderless options in the pull down paper size menu A5 is not one of them. Is there any version of Pages with A5 borderless as a paper size option? I tried creating a custom paper size 5.83 in. x 8.27 in. (the dimensions of A5) with 0 in. margins. It shows the new page size in the list but it is grey. I can't select it for a new or existing document. I'm printing a multiple page 2-sided doc created on an A5 page size. I want to print to the edges. I realize now I should never have gone down the A5 path without a borderless option but it's the size I wanted. If you have any helpful ideas please share. Thanks.

MacBook Air 11″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 3:10 PM

Check that your printer vendor provides drivers explicitly for Big Sur and install the most current version if they do — resetting the printer so it can recognize the new drivers. Then, apply the macOS 11.6.5 update as Apple does not chronicle the inherent bug and feature fixes in it. You should be using Pages v12 on Big Sur 11.* by now.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2022 3:10 PM in response to Kloochman

Check that your printer vendor provides drivers explicitly for Big Sur and install the most current version if they do — resetting the printer so it can recognize the new drivers. Then, apply the macOS 11.6.5 update as Apple does not chronicle the inherent bug and feature fixes in it. You should be using Pages v12 on Big Sur 11.* by now.

Apr 21, 2022 12:59 PM in response to VikingOSX

Hi Viking OS X, thanks for the reply. The pic you posted is not the same as from version 11.1 of Pages however.

Borders and margins are not the same thing when it comes to printing. My printer does handle borderless printing. It's just A5 borderless is not on the list though A4, A6, US Letter and others have borderless options. I was hoping a different/newer version of Pages might have added A5 borderless to the list.

Apr 21, 2022 3:01 PM in response to Kloochman

My Pages v11.1 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 has no borderless entries on the paper sizes selection, and I believe what you are seeing is a gift from your specific print driver, not something that is standard in Pages v11.1. I am using a Samsung laser printer and it does not offer borderless printing. The paper size menu that I posted above is identical to Pages v11.2, and 12.0 for my printer.

You have the last version of Pages that is available for Catalina.

Any version of Pages support A5 borderless print size?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.