Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install apple tv

I can't watch Apple TV on my television. It's not an Apple TV. Is it still possible

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 4:15 PM

I think you are referring to the Apple TV app or Apple TV + which is part of Apple TV app. To get an explanation of what each is please read the info below.

Apple TV+ is $4.99 per month, everything else in the Apple TV app are additional charges. If you are unclear on what the difference is between Apple TV+ and what the Apple TV app is it's pretty simple.

• The Apple TV app is simply a single place to buy content, including Apple TV+ content, Showtime, Paramount +, Disney +, etc.., and lots of other content. 
  • Apple TV + is Apple's own proprietary content, currently it is a small library of content which is why it is inexpensive. The good news is the library is constantly growing and adding some pretty good content!

If you are still confused please visit www.apple.com/tv and look over Apple's TV offerings which include:

• Apple TV HD (hardware)
  • Apple TV 4K (hardware)
  • Apple TV app (as described above)
  • Apple TV + (as described above)
  • AirPlay
  • Accessories

To get a list of devices where you can get the Apple TV app, please click Apple TV app - Apple and scroll to the section named The Apple TV app is everywhere to get a list of devices. Personally I would recommend an Apple TV 4K.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2022 4:15 PM in response to let-me-be

I think you are referring to the Apple TV app or Apple TV + which is part of Apple TV app. To get an explanation of what each is please read the info below.

Apple TV+ is $4.99 per month, everything else in the Apple TV app are additional charges. If you are unclear on what the difference is between Apple TV+ and what the Apple TV app is it's pretty simple.

• The Apple TV app is simply a single place to buy content, including Apple TV+ content, Showtime, Paramount +, Disney +, etc.., and lots of other content. 
  • Apple TV + is Apple's own proprietary content, currently it is a small library of content which is why it is inexpensive. The good news is the library is constantly growing and adding some pretty good content!

If you are still confused please visit www.apple.com/tv and look over Apple's TV offerings which include:

• Apple TV HD (hardware)
  • Apple TV 4K (hardware)
  • Apple TV app (as described above)
  • Apple TV + (as described above)
  • AirPlay
  • Accessories

To get a list of devices where you can get the Apple TV app, please click Apple TV app - Apple and scroll to the section named The Apple TV app is everywhere to get a list of devices. Personally I would recommend an Apple TV 4K.

How do I install apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.