Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Metal supporting graphic card for Mac Pro (Mid 2012)

Hi, I checked the article shown above. Overthere Apple mentions the video card 'MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560 128-bit 4GB GDRR5' as first option in the list with suitable 3d party cards. For Mojave, the card would also have to support Apple's 'Metal' format. However, AMD shows only drivers for Windows and Linux. Let alone Metal. Anyone knowing more? Thanks.

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 5:44 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Apr 22, 2022 2:10 PM in response to AntonStolz

op reviews from the United States

John Borges

5.0 out of 5 stars

Works Great for Mojave in my 2010 Mac Pro

Reviewed in the United States on September 14, 2018

Size: RX 560Style: RX 560 AERO ITX 4G OCVerified Purchase

I had to get "Metal Compatible" GPU in order to run the new mac os Mojave beta. Did some research on the web and this was the most cost effective card I could find. Easily recognized by the OS, and as fast or faster than a $350 7950 card. I didnt flash the rom so the screen is blank during the initial bootup. I am keeping my old 5770 card in case I ever need it. Also, make sure you have the proper cable, I was able to get by with an older 1.4 hdmi cable with the 5770, but I had to use a 4k compatible 2.0 cable to get the card to sync with my 3440x1440 monitor.

Amazon.com: MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560 128-bit 4GB GDDR5 DirectX 12 VR Ready CFX Graphcis Card (RX 560 Aero ITX 4G OC) : Electronics

Metal supporting graphic card for Mac Pro (Mid 2012)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.