Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave graphics cards

Hi, regarding this latest issue in finding a compatible graphic card to enable the update to Mojave. Are those compatible cards listed by Apple absolute..?

Does it have to be the exact manufacture or model or is it the case what is required is the chipset, i.e. RX560 or GTX680 or they be GDDR5 etc, etc.

I note when searching for cards manufactures do not specifically list whether a card has “Metal” capability or if the card is “Mac Edition” at least not the sites I have browsed.

I note many concerning issues being discussed on this form, for example one person purchasing a compatible card but not being able to use that card unless Mojave is already installed and another person with a qualifying machine being informed by a high level responder that her GC is not compatible…!!

Please – any responders, only professional helpful supportive answers. Please no condescending obvious suck egg smart assed comments Thank you.

I kindly thank you in advance.

Mac Pro, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 7:42 AM

To my knowledge these are the only Mojave compatible cards for Mac Pros.

Install macOS 10.14 Mojave on Mac Pro (Mid 2010) and Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Mojave graphics cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.