Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are Monterey incompatible games still listed on the App Store?

I am upset that many of my games have mysteriously stopped working on my Mac Mini M1 over the last few months. From reading the reviews on the App Store for the MumboJumbo games it sounds like many feel that the Monterey OS update is responsible. Is that true? I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and even repurchasing, and nothing has helped yet. My MumboJumbo games just won't start anymore. So WHY are these games still in the App Store and listed as compatible with my Mac mini M1 when they apparently are no longer compatible? When will this information be updated by Apple? I am getting tired of spending money on programs that the App Store says are compatible, only to find out later that many users are reporting the opposite in the reviews!!!

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 9:17 PM

Contact the app developer. How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 22, 2022 5:42 AM in response to N9SS

N9SS wrote:

....So WHY are these games still in the App Store and listed as compatible with my Mac mini M1 when they apparently are no longer compatible? When will this information be updated by Apple? ...

The informational content of the apps in the App Store are the responsibility of of the app developers and not Apple as well as insuring that the apps are compatible with any Apple product or macOS.

The only responsibility that Apple has is to insure that the app does not contain any malicious spyware or other component that can steal personal information or otherwise compromise your system. They are not responsible for the quality of the app itself or its compatibility with Macs or macOS versions.

Apr 23, 2022 6:08 AM in response to woodmeister50

I guess that makes sense from Apple’s perspective. I never play games myself so I migrated the family computer to Apple without realising that they have been shunned by the gaming community due to the practice of breaking games with OS upgrades and then holding the developers responsible for fixing them! Looks like I am going to have to install a Windows PC to appease the rest of my family who are upset by my decision!

Why are Monterey incompatible games still listed on the App Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.