Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My face ID has been disabled

My Face ID has been disable due to trudepth camera

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 3:08 AM

Check these suggestions from Apple:

What to do next

1. Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. If you still can't enroll your face or unlock your device with Face ID, take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support about your iPhone or your iPad.

You should always have your device repaired by Apple or an authorized service provider. Improper repair, modification, or use of non-genuine Apple components in the laser systems may prevent the safety mechanisms from functioning properly and could cause hazardous exposure and injury to eyes or skin.

copied from: If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2022 3:08 AM in response to refiloe228

Check these suggestions from Apple:

What to do next

1. Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. If you still can't enroll your face or unlock your device with Face ID, take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support about your iPhone or your iPad.

You should always have your device repaired by Apple or an authorized service provider. Improper repair, modification, or use of non-genuine Apple components in the laser systems may prevent the safety mechanisms from functioning properly and could cause hazardous exposure and injury to eyes or skin.

copied from: If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

My face ID has been disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.