Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Report Junk NOT available in iMessage

Apple says I can report iMessage junk, but I am NOT seeing Report Junk option in the messages. How do I access it? (I have filtered unknown senders by doing this: Messages>Unknown & Spam, but I am not seeing the Report Junk option anywhere.)

"Report spam or junk messages

With iMessage, a message you receive from someone who isn’t saved in your contacts might be identified as possible spam or junk. You can report these messages to Apple.

In the message, tap Report Junk, then tap Delete and Report Junk.

The sender’s information and the message are sent to Apple, and the message is permanently deleted from your device.

Note: Reporting junk or spam doesn’t prevent the sender from sending messages, but you can block the number to stop receiving them."

Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone - Apple Support

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 10:13 AM

Hi there Kern Canyon Steve,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. The ability to "Report Junk" is only available for incoming iMessages. If the unwanted messages are regular SMS texts, you cannot report those to Apple. You would need to contact your carrier for the steps to report those types of messages to them. We hope this helps you.

Best regards!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2022 10:13 AM in response to Kern Canyon Steve

Hi there Kern Canyon Steve,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. The ability to "Report Junk" is only available for incoming iMessages. If the unwanted messages are regular SMS texts, you cannot report those to Apple. You would need to contact your carrier for the steps to report those types of messages to them. We hope this helps you.

Best regards!

Report Junk NOT available in iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.