Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro mid 2015 Keyboard and Track-pad stops responding

I recently purchased Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse which I am using with my Macbook pro Mid 2015. Suddenly I noticed that physical keyboard and track-pad of Macbook Pro is not working anymore. I tried disconnecting magic keyboard and mouse , reset the SMC but nothing seems worked. ANy one have any idea on this how to solve the issue ?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 6:30 PM

Usually when both the built-in keyboard & trackpad fail at the same time on a 2015 MBPro it is due to a faulty Trackpad Flex Cable which is a common failure with the 2015 MBPros. Once in a while the problem may be an issue with the built-in Trackpad instead or even the Logic Board. The flex cable is most often the cause though and it is also the least expensive part to try. Have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to confirm a hardware issue and provide an estimate for replacing the Trackpad Flex Cable.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2022 6:30 PM in response to NafeesKhabir

Usually when both the built-in keyboard & trackpad fail at the same time on a 2015 MBPro it is due to a faulty Trackpad Flex Cable which is a common failure with the 2015 MBPros. Once in a while the problem may be an issue with the built-in Trackpad instead or even the Logic Board. The flex cable is most often the cause though and it is also the least expensive part to try. Have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to confirm a hardware issue and provide an estimate for replacing the Trackpad Flex Cable.

Apr 27, 2022 5:56 AM in response to NafeesKhabir

Thanks @HWTech for pointing out the issue. Here is what my case was.

I took my laptop to an Apple Technician , when he opened the case found trackpad flex cable is loose, he the put it in place properly which solves my issue, with a charge of $4 USD . Few days back my laptop got dropped from my hand somehow that cause flex cable to be loose.

My Macbook Pro mid 2015 Keyboard and Track-pad stops responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.