Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old APPLE ID

I changed my APPLE ID over seven years ago on a MAC that I gave to my son after I reset it. In February or around that time APPLE sent out an update. I downloaded it as usual and moved on. When I logged into my MAC later and click on Safari I got a message saying, "to continue to use iCloud please log in. The log in box appears but the Apple ID is already input, but it's my old APPLE ID from seven years ago which I changed and even closed the email that went with it. Now I cannot use iCloud or messages without that same message appearing every time on my MAC BOOK PRO., I called support they suggested I act as though I lost the password and request a new one. I did but I get a message stating this apple id does not exist. Which it doesn't, so why does it appear every time I sign in. Then I was told NordVPN is the problem so I reached out to Nord and they have no idea what the issue is. They did, however give me step by step directions to completely delete Nord and I did still the problem continues til this day. I cannot sync my iPhone with my MAC PRO any longer because of this. Any thoughts or suggestions??

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 12:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 8:50 AM

Do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart). Run Disk Utility/First Aid. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase. Use Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button, and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

Reinstall from macOS Recovery

ASC YouTube for how to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery 

OS X Recovery

When you reboot, use Setup Assistant to restore your data.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2022 8:50 AM in response to Digitarius1

Do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart). Run Disk Utility/First Aid. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase. Use Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button, and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

Reinstall from macOS Recovery

ASC YouTube for how to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery 

OS X Recovery

When you reboot, use Setup Assistant to restore your data.

Old APPLE ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.