Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes downloads are duplicating on my iPhone

I transferred my music to a new computer and the first thing my device did was unload all my purchased songs. After syncing, I'm noticing duplicates of songs. I tried to find them in my iTunes library to delete them, but they only exist on my iPhone. I can't just delete them without potentially deleting the one that exists in a playlist. What are my options?

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 5:42 AM

See also Duplicate songs in iTunes - Apple Community. It may help to sign out of your Apple ID on your phone before syncing a selection of playlists from your library. When you sign back in all your unhidden purchases that weren’t already copied to the phone should show up as cloud items you can stream or download, and there shouldn’t be any duplicates.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2022 5:42 AM in response to CNTFAI36

See also Duplicate songs in iTunes - Apple Community. It may help to sign out of your Apple ID on your phone before syncing a selection of playlists from your library. When you sign back in all your unhidden purchases that weren’t already copied to the phone should show up as cloud items you can stream or download, and there shouldn’t be any duplicates.

tt2

Apr 24, 2022 1:41 PM in response to CNTFAI36

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities CNTFAI36,

You mentioned you found songs were missing on your device, after transferring music to a new computer.

If syncing manually, do you have "Sync Library" for automatic syncing through iCloud disabled?

After checking the setting, the steps on the following page may help locate duplicates if they do exist in Music Library on your computer: Find items and duplicates in iTunes on PC

If you need more help, providing additional details about what steps you took transfer music, and the steps that were taken after you noticed music missing, may provide members of the community additional context that can be used to provide a specific and relevant response.

Cheers!

iTunes downloads are duplicating on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.