Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally creating folders for apps on iPhone

While moving apps around on the home screen, I almost always accidentally create a folder, and then two (completely unrelated) apps end up in the folder. It's difficult to remove the folder, get the apps back onto your home screen again, and then re-arrange them where I wanted them - without accidentally creating another folder yet again. The previous forum question on this subject basically just says "don't do that." That's not a solution. Yes, I know if I place one app on top of another it will automatically create a folder. Well, that's what happens while you are rearranging app icons. It's called an accident. It happens all the time. Why doesn't Apple have a better solution for creating folders, one that would actually allow you to not invoke it "accidentally?"

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 11:40 AM

This is a user-to-user technical support forum. Apple doesn't read here for suggestions or feedback. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply

Accidentally creating folders for apps on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.