You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the monitor overscan control in MacOS 12.3.1?

The overscan option is typically a slider located within the display settings for the individual monitor. These are not present on my display settings in the new 12.3.1. Where could it have gone?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 1:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 12:42 PM

How is the monitor connected? Try changing the connection method. I suspect you are using an HDMI connection. Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cable?

I have an LG Ultra HD monitor and and have no Overscan slider on either my Studio Max connected via the Studio's native HDMI port or from my 2013 Mac Pro connected via mini displayport>HDMI adapter. For both I use an HDMI input on the monitor.

Are you experiencing problem with the desktop ether filling too much of the screen or there are black barsnoround the desktop?

It appears that the slider was eliminated some time ago but you may be able to control it via code. See near the top of the second page of:

Underscan slider missing in Display set-u… - Apple Community

You can also see:

https://origin-discussions-us.apple.com/thread/253364474

Issue about overscan setting on Monterey

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 26, 2022 12:42 PM in response to SJGreen73

How is the monitor connected? Try changing the connection method. I suspect you are using an HDMI connection. Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cable?

I have an LG Ultra HD monitor and and have no Overscan slider on either my Studio Max connected via the Studio's native HDMI port or from my 2013 Mac Pro connected via mini displayport>HDMI adapter. For both I use an HDMI input on the monitor.

Are you experiencing problem with the desktop ether filling too much of the screen or there are black barsnoround the desktop?

It appears that the slider was eliminated some time ago but you may be able to control it via code. See near the top of the second page of:

Underscan slider missing in Display set-u… - Apple Community

You can also see:

https://origin-discussions-us.apple.com/thread/253364474

Issue about overscan setting on Monterey

Where is the monitor overscan control in MacOS 12.3.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.