Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why when I import some of my photos to iMovie do they become unedited?

Some of my photos when uploaded into iMovie are reverting back to their original form. My edits are being removed. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to stop or fix it? It isn't all of my photos but probably half. I've tried updating iMovie and my computer but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 8:33 AM

From within the Photos app, try doing File/Export 1 Photo, to your desktop, and from there drag it into iMovie.

Also, from withing iMovie, click on the Photos item in the iMovie sidebar to reveal your photos in the media browser, and drag one or more photos into the timeline. See if that preserves the edits.

If neither of the above works, try deleting/resetting preferences. To delete/reset preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2022 8:33 AM in response to VanessaMcd

From within the Photos app, try doing File/Export 1 Photo, to your desktop, and from there drag it into iMovie.

Also, from withing iMovie, click on the Photos item in the iMovie sidebar to reveal your photos in the media browser, and drag one or more photos into the timeline. See if that preserves the edits.

If neither of the above works, try deleting/resetting preferences. To delete/reset preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Why when I import some of my photos to iMovie do they become unedited?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.