Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just deleted a message conversation that is very important. I did this by accident . My i cloud back up is on. Is there a way to retrieve this one message conversation and restore it to my messages on my iphone and if so, how?

I just deleted an entire important message conversation by accident. My I cloud back up is on. Can I retrieve this one message conversation that I deleted and restore it to my messages on my iphone and if so, how?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 10:25 AM

Check Settings, your name, iCloud

If "Messages" was turned ON in Settings, your name, iCloud then no you cannot retrieve them.

If "Messages" was turned OFF in Settings, your name, iCloud then you can restore the entire most recent backup and lose everything else since that date. Without a daily iCloud backup that is probably not feasible. 

Either way it is difficult or impossible.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2022 10:25 AM in response to oldladyhatestech

Check Settings, your name, iCloud

If "Messages" was turned ON in Settings, your name, iCloud then no you cannot retrieve them.

If "Messages" was turned OFF in Settings, your name, iCloud then you can restore the entire most recent backup and lose everything else since that date. Without a daily iCloud backup that is probably not feasible. 

Either way it is difficult or impossible.

I just deleted a message conversation that is very important. I did this by accident . My i cloud back up is on. Is there a way to retrieve this one message conversation and restore it to my messages on my iphone and if so, how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.