Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed Monterey, unable to use Wacom tablet

After installing Monterey on iMac, Wacom Intuos tablet does not work

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 10:08 AM

9 replies

Jun 30, 2022 9:35 AM in response to margaretemdal

Wacom and I finally figured out what the problem was last night. (The tech emailing me was still on the wrong path, but after I got Laura on Chat we got it figured out.) Turns out the problem was the latest Wacom driver update. Updating to 6.3.46-1 caused all the problems. A total uninstall of all Wacom software and a reinstall of version 6.3.44-2 fixed everything.

FYI: https://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/mac/professional/WacomTablet_6.3.44-2.dmg

[This is a Direct Download Link]

May 31, 2022 10:58 AM in response to margaretemdal

I have the exact same issue, I have done everything they suggest, allow thru privacy, uninstalled and reinstalled, it seems like its a permissions issue from privacy in Mac and even after you add the drivers in it apple does not allow control. I have had this issue since Catalina. I made it work until now that Monterey is out and no luck at all.... Wacom has videos and tech support spend hours trying with no luck. very disappointing

Jun 29, 2022 10:16 AM in response to margaretemdal

I'm having the same problem, with both an Intuos and a BT tablet from Wacom. The strange thing is, I can eventually get it to work (after iterations of reinstalling drivers, manually copying a Touch driver over, etc.), but it seems that it dies immediately after I use the space bar to move around a zoomed in image (with the pen) in Photoshop. I think I may have done something similar in Capture One and killed it once. Not sure if this is an Apple problem or a Wacom problem.

Jun 30, 2022 5:42 AM in response to SDshooter

After much time and effort spent on different solutions, I finally reloaded Monterey. After having failed all other tries, like downgrading to Big Sur, according to Macworlds advices. Then I reloaded the few years old iMac in High Sierra, only to find that the old Adobe apps were not available. There were only one thing left do do.

And guess what, my Intuos works totally well with Monterey! I can hardly believe it.

Now I think that what happened initially, was that Monterey was poor downloaded due to bad wifi.

SDshooter: If your Intuos was good before, it should be ok this time as well.

Jun 30, 2022 5:49 AM in response to margaretemdal

After much time and effort spent on different solutions, I finally reloaded Monterey. After having failed all other tries, like downgrading to Big Sur, according to Macworlds advices. Then I reloaded the few years old iMac in High Sierra, only to find that the old Adobe apps were not available. There were only one thing left do do.

And guess what, my Intuos works totally well with Monterey! I can hardly believe it.

Now I think that what happened initially, was that Monterey was poor downloaded due to bad wifi.

Installed Monterey, unable to use Wacom tablet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.