Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

devices not purchased from Apple/Apple Authorized Reseller-add to Apple School Manager

Devices that aren't purchased directly from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller I can add Macs to Apple School Manager via the iPhone app Apple Configurator, correct? If the devices were previously on Apple School Manager or we don't know if they were on Apple School Manager via another school, can the devices be added to Apple School Manager?

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 7:22 AM

You can add devices with a T2 or Apple Silicon chip to ASM/ABM using Apple Configurator for iPhone if the macOS device is running macOS Monterey. I have not ever been able to add released devices back to ASM/ABM. Released devices still show as released in ABM/ASM, so this could be why, or I could be encountering a bug, but there is no documentation either way.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 7:22 AM in response to pardes256

You can add devices with a T2 or Apple Silicon chip to ASM/ABM using Apple Configurator for iPhone if the macOS device is running macOS Monterey. I have not ever been able to add released devices back to ASM/ABM. Released devices still show as released in ABM/ASM, so this could be why, or I could be encountering a bug, but there is no documentation either way.

devices not purchased from Apple/Apple Authorized Reseller-add to Apple School Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.