Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dead MacBook Pro

What to do when MacBook Pro doesn’t turn - no power

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 6:05 PM

This happened to me every few months--it was sluggish and would need hours to charge after running out of battery, and then yesterday it died completely, just about 6 months after warranty expiration (one year warranty on a macbook pro, which costs a premium price of $2600 and regularly last for 5+years). Apple refused to take any action and tried to charge me $650+ flat fee to "fix" it, despite clearly having sold me a defective product. Of course, I didn't do that, hopefully an independent person who didn't screw me out of hundreds of dollars already can help.

If you're within warranty, take it in immediately and make them fix it now. Don't let them give it back without it starting immediately, every time. And sign up for apple care.

If you're not within warranty ... they don't care and won't help at all. See ya in the PC isle!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2022 6:05 PM in response to mayet777

This happened to me every few months--it was sluggish and would need hours to charge after running out of battery, and then yesterday it died completely, just about 6 months after warranty expiration (one year warranty on a macbook pro, which costs a premium price of $2600 and regularly last for 5+years). Apple refused to take any action and tried to charge me $650+ flat fee to "fix" it, despite clearly having sold me a defective product. Of course, I didn't do that, hopefully an independent person who didn't screw me out of hundreds of dollars already can help.

If you're within warranty, take it in immediately and make them fix it now. Don't let them give it back without it starting immediately, every time. And sign up for apple care.

If you're not within warranty ... they don't care and won't help at all. See ya in the PC isle!

Dead MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.