Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard problem for iOS 15

I waited over a YEAR to upgrade until a couple of my apps said they were not compatible with iOS 14 which was TOTALLY STABLE and functional. I have a 12.9 iPad Pro with the Apple Magic Keyboard that worked FLAWLESSLY until I upgraded to iOS 15 last week. NOTHING else was changed, this is 100% an iOS problem and it’s a bad one.

Now there is a keyboard icon at the bottom of my screen trying to auto-fill my sentences but more importantly if full keyboard access is on, I get blue borders on various fields and cannot type normally in them in different apps, INCLUDING Apple Notes. Again, Apple notes is NON FUNCTIONAL due to the inability to edit notes I have already created.

I have tried to turn off all keyboard functions but then Apple Mail starts faulting and I can’t just read and delete mail from the left pane as I have for YEARS owning this device. Again, an Apple product, an Apple App, and an Apple keyboard. This is 110% an Apple problem, not a 3rd party app.

Yes Facebook doesn’t work properly either to edit and whoever decided to remove the ability to click and hold the touchpad to highlight text to copy, paste, and move like a normal computer needs to put it back. Now. ALL of us use that feature.

It has tremendously reduced the ability to use my iPad for travel and pushed me back to my MacBook as a primary tool which is annoying on airplanes with the whole 10,000 foot rule which doesn’t apply to my iPad and I can keep it out. At this point I may simply sell my iPad and go back to my Mac permanently if this cannot be 100% fixed and a return to iOS 14 functionality of the Magic Keyboard accomplished.

This was not an upgrade, it was 100% a massive step back in usability of the iPad. How do I FORCE iOS 15 to return to normal keyboard functionality and not glitch my apps. I cannot at this point believe iOS 15 wasn’t fully tested with a Magic Keyboard attached.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 7:06 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 27, 2022 9:14 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Yes sir. As I mentioned I already tried that. I have tried multiple combinations of certain functionality off and on as well as full off and full on and all of them exhibit unwanted behavior across multiple Apple apps and outside apps like Facebook.

There are literally dozens of threads like this in the Apple communities. No one so far that I know of has been able to solve it. It’s just bad code. I was hoping someone had a solution as many of those threads are now almost a year old.

i thoroughly regret upgrading from iOS 14 which was excellent and stable. Any other ideas?

Magic Keyboard problem for iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.