Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

optimised battery charging bug

Hi

I work quite a lot on my M1 macbook pro and I realised that suddenly my battery life has dropped from 100% to 92% in about 3 moths and I had only 23 cycles. Another thing is that even though the optimised battery charging is always on, it does not seam to work as my battery is constantly on 100% charge.

Does anyone has the same issue ? or know the solution ?

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 3:52 AM

This is not necessarily a problem. It could sit at 92% for months. My 2016 MBP has been at 89% for almost two years.

Cycle count is a less important metric compared to Capacity. And capacity decline is non linear. When it gets to 80% it'll be time to service it. Until then don't micromanage your battery, the circuitry will do a far better job of taking care of it.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2022 3:52 AM in response to HD666

This is not necessarily a problem. It could sit at 92% for months. My 2016 MBP has been at 89% for almost two years.

Cycle count is a less important metric compared to Capacity. And capacity decline is non linear. When it gets to 80% it'll be time to service it. Until then don't micromanage your battery, the circuitry will do a far better job of taking care of it.

optimised battery charging bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.