Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook charge not stopping at 80% when optimized

It's been a few months since I've been trying to activate the feature "Optimize battery charging" for my MacBook Air M1 (I have the latest MacOS 12.4), but even though it's supposedly activated, the charge never stops at 80%, and always goes to 100%. I'm trying to use this feature to protect my battery health, but nothing seems to work. I've already de-activated and re-activated it many times. Does anyone have the same issue? Any suggestions? Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 9:40 AM

Assuming you leave the charger attached long enough, after the circuitry learns your habits, the charge will progress to 100% with each charge cycle. That's normal.

You're wasting your time micromanaging your battery, your Mac will do it far more efficiently than you ever will.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 9:40 AM in response to JuanR362

Assuming you leave the charger attached long enough, after the circuitry learns your habits, the charge will progress to 100% with each charge cycle. That's normal.

You're wasting your time micromanaging your battery, your Mac will do it far more efficiently than you ever will.

Macbook charge not stopping at 80% when optimized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.